About Me

My photo
Welcome! This is the web journal of an up and coming pirate in the cruel and prosperus world that is the EVE Universe. This journal aims to document the victories, misfortunes and learned lessons of a pirate just starting out in the trade. I am currently roaming with FLA5HY RED [FLA5H] and am delving deeper into the world of Piracy. YARRRRR! o7

3 September 2010

Saying Goodbye...

I have left The Black Rabbits Academy.

Over the last few days, the majority of TGA has trickled out of Auner in freighters and shuttles owed to dissatisfaction with certain aspects of the alliance. There were certainly a few catalysts involved but for me personally, the guys I fly with and talk to everyday ARE the alliance and when I discovered that almost every single one of them was making a move, it made no sense to be left behind with unfamiliar faces.

There is going to be no finger-pointing or negativity in this post, instead I decided I would give closure to my departure with a summary of the fond memories that I have brought with me into our new venture. My time in the Academy was incredibly fun and crucial to shaping me into a more useful pilot and I have no doubt that it will restabilize and continue to be a great place to learn the trade.



So here, in no particular order are some of my best moments :)




Fond Memory #1: First Gate Camp


On paper this was a total disaster but piracy isn't always about winning. Battlecruiser III had just recently completed and I threw together a functional Hurricane for the sole purpose of joining in group camps. My friends were kind enough to partake in this momentous occaison and we set up a small camp in our home system. To cut it short, we didn't have a proper set of eyes on the other side and we got jumped by the Russians. All future camps were much more successful but I'll remember this one.



Fond Memory #2: First Day in Auner


I had finally arrived. There were some unfamiliar voices on teamspeak partaking in a gate camp but a lowly frigate pilot was not ready for such things. I flew around getting a feel for my new home and setting up various safe spots. The system was quiet but I'd managed to scan down a Breacher ratting in one of our belts. After a little game of cat and mouse I had him pointed. This was probably the most exciting solo fight I had. He decided to fight back but he was melting fast and I was able to repair the bulk of incoming damage. I'd only been here an hour and I'd just bagged a nice victory. "This is going to be good times" I said to myself.



Fond Memory #3: Freighter Ransom


Initiative, planning, patience and teamwork at its finest. We had a guy scouting his Providence in and out of our system with his alt but he was being extremely cautious. Bagpuss had his probes out looking for a Thrasher but turned his attention to the freighter and managed to score a 100% hit on it sitting in an insta-undock. We holed up in the station like hungry wolves and sent out some hi-sec scouts to track his movements. After nearly two hours he returned and the trap was set. He was caught and ransomed for a respectable 500m and let free, much to his joy. This was one of those "EVE moments" that everybody was thrilled to be a part of.





I would like to thank those I met in TGA for being instrumental in my enjoyment of the game and for those of us who haved moved on I wish the best of luck in our exciting new venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment