About Me

My photo
Welcome! This is the web journal of an up and coming pirate in the cruel and prosperus world that is the EVE Universe. This journal aims to document the victories, misfortunes and learned lessons of a pirate just starting out in the trade. I am currently roaming with FLA5HY RED [FLA5H] and am delving deeper into the world of Piracy. YARRRRR! o7

10 August 2010

Gate Camp Fail

Recently Mr Kha has been training some necessary skills to fly a Hurricane and although I'm far from fitting one properly, I managed to throw one together with a T2 tank and enough EHP to take part in group camps.

"Would someone like to come and hold my little hand while I do my first Gate Camp?"

Otto Jarvis is quick to appear in his Drake and an aptly-named 'boredom fleet' is initiated by Cebit, which brings one or two more Battlecruisers to the fleet. Nothing is happening and the Gate Camp becomes quite a casual affair, with people coming and going and a lack of eyes on the other side *facepalm*.

I'm the only one left on the gate, determined not give up on my first ever camp. Minutes later, a Drake jumps in. I lock him up and call for back up over comms to which there were several replies so I confidently point and engage the Drake. The sentry guns start going apeshit and I'm not faring too well on my own. Backup arrives and the future looks brighter for Mr Kha, that is until the rest of the Drake's fleet jump in...



Falcon, Falcon, Tengu, Nighthawk, Zealot, Hurricane and God knows what else (not quite managing to think clearly at this point). The Hurricane is shooting me along with the Drake and the Sentry guns. I'd already aligned and started trying to burn away but this was no nippy little frigate, taking forever to turn around and doing a pitiful 700m/s with the microwarp on. I continue to spam the warp button but to no avail.

I'm the first to go down, shortly followed by my companions. The pod makes it out alive but the damage is done so I dock up at the station. The Hurricane lasted less than an hour and my first gate camp had ended in disaster. Otto takes pitty on me and finances a replacement Hurricane which was extremely generous of him and we decide a change of pace is required and put together a roaming fleet while our GCC is cooling off. I was looking for some action and I got it. Better luck next time me hopes!

-Mr Kha

1 comment:

  1. Nice story, reminds me of my own first gatecamp about which I still have to write a blog entry (selfslap!).
    All mellow, an Industrial or two, then in come 30 ships and the shit hits the fan :D
    Sometimes its better to roam, being a sitting duck for longer than 10mins per gate is just yelling for trouble, we've found out.

    ReplyDelete